AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kind of a depressing morning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 7/5/2020 10:53 (#8355070)
Subject: Kind of a depressing morning

Southern MN
Started the morning reading and watching some news. Altercation in Michigan where the white couple drew guns when they thought they were being threatened. As I watched the video it depressed me as the individuals On both sides were yelling one swear word after another, no love just blind hatred
Went to church this morning. We have a fairly large church for a rural area, not sure of the overall members but I am guessing 1000 members or more, probably 150-250 attend fairly regularly. Small attendance, not real surprised on a Sunday After a holiday, didn’t think much of it. My 19 year old son leans over and tells me after seeing everyone go for communion that he is the youngest one there. I start looking around and there is one person there younger than me and a classmate of mine and With my son we are the 4 youngest people in attendance. I am 50.
After church am talking with one of my sons and as we are talking and he kind of confides with me why he is not really hanging out with his friends anymore. Will not say anything as I list my name on this forum, and his friends are good kids, and their parents are good people. Nothing terrible in the whole scheme of things but still bothers me.
I have to wonder if all these things aren’t related and that is the reason this country seems to be in the mess it is in. I guess I am getting old and more negative, but I don’t see this ending well for our country or our next generations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)