AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some help with a neighbors cows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

wht one
Posted 7/31/2020 13:11 (#8407096 - in reply to #8407047)
Subject: RE: make sure your cows never leave

E. CO, exactly half way between NE and OK
I think you need to go back and read my posts. Everyone has cows get out including us. I won't put grain out unless they tell me they they don't give a damn and don't do anything to keep them in. There is a BIG difference cattle getting out and people running them out. One of my post I told about my dad had a 1/4 section and this neighbor told my dad he was going to eat you little sob's out and own the hole block. He didn't want to buy it, he was going to take it over. That cowboy "hit the dirt" and left the country and moved to Missouri. All the neighbors were glad to see them leave.

Right now we are dry in this area and I have a neighbor that hasn't gotten any rain and he is feeding dry feed to his cows. We had some wheat that wasn't any good, we ran an electric fence around it and turned our cows in it (400 acres). It has koisha weeds (sp) and the cows are doing good. We got over 1" of rain on it and our cows can't keep up with it. Now we are splitting it up and letting our neighbor put his cows (pairs) on it. There is enough for us both and we aren't charging him anything. Do you want me to give you his phone# so you can call him up so you can ask him how sorry a neighbor we are? wht one's calves were born starting at the end of Feb and I told our neighbor that I thought some of the calves would weigh 300#. He told me this morning he thinks some will weigh 400#.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)