AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weird agleader “tank empty” alarm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/9/2020 06:00 (#8304676 - in reply to #8303497)
Subject: RE: Weird agleader “tank empty” alarm

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This would make sense to me. The Strip-til module has the countdown feature as well. It also has a provision for an actual separate bin sensor that indicates when the tank is empty based on it These two warning plans are separate, one is based on the expected bin level based on subtracting the amount being dispensed from the starting value. The other is an actual physical switch.

I remember installing a Strip-til module on a new rig one time where it was desired to use the bin level switch already present in the bin. The logic used with that bin empty switch was opposite of what Ag Leader used. We were able to use a relay to reverse the logic so that the bin empty warning worked properly.

This meant that if the operator had set bin bin level warning to active and entered in a warning value and filled value, the virtual bin indicator and counter on the screen would count down and warn him at the 10% level.

Completely separate from this the Tank Empty alarm would sound when the actual bin level sensor in the tank. Between the two separate warning systems, the operator should be warned.

Apparently this same scheme can be used with a Liquid Module as well. I have never seen this done. I suppose some type of float could be used in the tank to convey the Tank Empty warning. Even though this is possible, it hardly seems worth the effort. This seems to be the heart of this problem.

It would seem that the problem is either with that Liquid Module or its wiring which is causing the Tank Empty alarm and this is NOT related to a misunderstanding about the virtual tank countdown etc which seems to be working properly.

Since you have another Liquid Module available, swapping would be a good plan. The side dressing configuration has likely "associated" itself with the questionable module's Serial Number so don't be surprised if the system asks you to confirm that you have swapped modules. This message appears in some situations since it would be possible to be using two liquid modules at the same time.

Edited by tedbear 6/9/2020 06:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)