AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weird agleader “tank empty” alarm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/10/2020 05:17 (#8306806 - in reply to #8305709)
Subject: Falls into place now

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
So you are back to running the original module and original wiring again or is this with the substitute module?

I happen to have an official drawing from Ag Leader from my former days as a Tech. I never thought to look at it until this morning. Pin 6 in the Channel 1 connector is labeled LEVEL SENSOR INPUT which apparently can be used to activate the Tank Empty alarm.

I have never seen that done with a Liquid Module. It would seem rather clumsy to attempt to use some type of float switch in the tank. A visual confirmation of the tank level or the tank countdown feature seems more practical. Eventually the rate alarm would sound after possibly damaging the pump due to running dry. The separate Tank Empty alarm would seem to be more useful with a granular situation where the system would merrily run the metering system at the proper speed even when empty.

My Liquid systems use three pins for the flow meter (Pins 3,4, 8) and two others for Control (Pins 2,7). If there is a wire to Pin 6 which goes to ground or corrosion on Pin 6, the system must think that the tank level is Empty and shows that alarm which is separate from the "count down" alarm.

Another one of those "put in the back of my mind in case this happens to me situations". Most likely I won't remember at that point and will be back here looking for help.

Edited by tedbear 6/10/2020 05:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)