AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Covid 19 issue brewing in Windsor /LaSalle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 5/22/2020 15:52 (#8273692 - in reply to #8273567)
Subject: RE: Big Covid 19 issue brewing in Windsor /LaSalle

Near-north Ontario, French River
I think it depends on the area. I've only been on 2 moose hunts but in both cases we stayed at fishing lodges/camps . Many places run cabins all summer long and they rent them out until early november for the moose hunts. Once it the freeze comes the camps shut down( drain and winterize the cabins) for the winter. I believe moose season, in most areas runs from Oct15 or so until Dec 31. The area I hunt deer only has a one week season, in late October, just depends on moose density etc. Deer season, is all over the board but generally the gun( rifle/shot gun) runs the first 2 weeks ( or in some cases 2/3 week) of November. Archery opens early, stops for the gun hunt, then reopens and runs to end of Dec. Some areas have muzzleloader seasons, or shot gun only etc.. again depending on deer density , hunter pressure etc. If you were thinking of a moose hunt, I'd be looking for a sight up north of Dryden Ontario ( assuming you would hunt Ontario). BC and Labrador also have good opportunities . Not sure what the restrictions are for non-residents such as yourself but the tags go way up in price I know that much. I believe you'd be required to hunt with a guide so again $$.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)