AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Covid 19 issue brewing in Windsor /LaSalle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 5/23/2020 06:26 (#8274618 - in reply to #8273925)
Subject: RE: Big Covid 19 issue brewing in Windsor /LaSalle

Sanilac Co. Michigan
I guess it's kind of a sensitive subject and I don't doubt you, but how have they destroyed your community. What's changed?

Really, I'm ok with the "grown in Mexico, packed in Canada and sold in the States" thing, for whatever my opinion matters. So long as the system isn't being manipulated beyond its intent and everyone plays by the same rules, it should work to everyone's advantage. Isn't that how NAFTA was supposed to work? I know, lots of controversy in practice, but I think the intent was right.

Talking about turkeys and that picture in your post of the eagle got me thinking about how much has changed environmentally? around here since I was a little kid ( I'll be 63 in a month and a half). Deer weren't common, no turkeys and the first eagle I ever saw was at Jack Minors bird sanctuary...and it was in a cage! Coyotes? that's crazy talk! Today, right here, they're nearly all common as starlings. Shoot, my county had the first documented wolverine in Michigan for well over 200 years. Last year we had a lynx photographed in various locations 10 miles from my farm. I've heard claims of cougar that I took as crack pot nonsense, but who knows? What's next, black bears?

I guess the environment has definitely improved.

Edited by tkoppel 5/23/2020 06:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)