AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Covid 19 issue brewing in Windsor /LaSalle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 5/23/2020 16:52 (#8275635 - in reply to #8274618)
Subject: RE: Big Covid 19 issue brewing in Windsor /LaSalle

Near-north Ontario, French River
I wouldn't say that the greenhouses have 'destroyed' the community but they have certainly changed the landscape. Open fields replaced by large bland glass greenhouse complexes for instance. Quite honestly I think many are against the greenhouses for one of two reason, the first being the use of migrant workers . Sure the complainers will ultimately say its about hiring foreigners vs locals but the reality is much of its is based in racism. You here comments like " those people brought their problems with them" or " I'm scared to go downtown on sundays because the streets are filled with mexicans etc", The second reason being that the greenhouse owners tend to be very flamboyant... most have cigarette boats or yachts down at the town marina,hummers or porches in the driveway , multi million dollar houses etc while paying minimum wage to the workers etc... basically jealousy of the success. There's even been a couple guys with less than stellar reputations,,, like hire an electrician to do a million dollar project then refuse to pay because they don't 'like the job" they did. etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)