AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Covid 19 issue brewing in Windsor /LaSalle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 5/23/2020 07:35 (#8274735 - in reply to #8274618)
Subject: RE: Big Covid 19 issue brewing in Windsor /LaSalle

sw ontario
Tom , not sure what year u were at Jack Miners but that is real close to Thud's farms and Mucci has several hundred acres for greenhouses nearby........
Not a fair statement on my part saying they have destroyed the community , a better description was they have changed it . I am a bit older than u and greenhouse developers have come in and bought most farms that were for sale at 3x mkt. price , bulldoze houses, u cannot spray any hormonal type sprays close to them , built bunkhouses for imported labor , local school, church closed and were at one time pretty much everybody around us farmed now there is very few left and very few of original families left.
I guess its the natural progression of life.

Interesting your comments about the wildlife . It would mirror 'here' ...IDK if its the no til or what but there is very few woodlots left but now real common to see deer,coyote,odd fox, turkeys .pheasents,cottontails and a lot of Jack rabbits back . Turkeys will come right to our front door.

50 yrs. ago I wanted to hunt, today I rather just watch them and really damage here is minimal

Hope u ,John and hillfarmer survived the rain
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)