AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid 19
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 4/6/2020 05:24 (#8168655 - in reply to #8166880)
Subject: RE: Covid 19

Nw Iowa
I think misconception is that by staying home it will disappear. Reality is This thing could go on for better part of a year or until we have a preventative or a good medicine to help get us thru. I take offense that you are labeling conservatives as not caring. Quite the opposite. I think we get labeled that our concern is only money or economy etc. Real concern is that we lose sight of big picture. Do you want a full depression? People out of work, people hungry. Homeless, Health care very spotty etc. Our country can't sit at home forever and expect life to go back to Normal. There will be no normal to back to. I am in full favor of trying to flatten curve so health care can deal with it better but reality is virus will not disappear while everybody stays home forever. These huge bailouts will be at expense of somebody. Either somebody pays it back or creates huge problems down the road like inflation or high interest rates or other unknown's. How is it going to affect everyone if social security checks are going up 2% but inflation is 20%?
It is going to be worse in big cities like newYork where there are so many people so close. When it is all over we will know what we should have done. Politically everybody will point their fingers and say what we should have done but nobody knows. I am not trying to make light of problem as losing a loved one to anything is very, very painful but let's keep it all in perspective, the reality is we can't shut country down forever because it still doesn't go away. If news media could tame it down some and it wasn't a election year I think we would be better off.

Edited by jdironman 4/6/2020 05:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)