AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid 19
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GRAZEEM
Posted 4/5/2020 12:43 (#8166880)
Subject: Covid 19

I’m new here, so admittedly I might not understand exactly how things work, but I’m confused.
I have just recovered from a dose of the Covid 19. I was sick for five days, and never went to the hospital. It wasn’t pleasant, but more-like the worse flu I ever had. So I have had time to read a lot of comments. A friend turned me on to this site, and being a now retired farm kid, I am enjoying it.
My wife now has it, and she is doing well.
In reading some of the comments, I don’t understand how human beings can be so callous towards the life of another; I/E comments like, how everybody should go back to work, and if people die, well there are 2 million deaths anyway, so what are a few more. That’s not a quote, but the gist of a thread from yesterday, I think it was.
In 1918, the country did what they are advocating, and 625,000 people died in the US, (50 million world-wide) when the population was 103,000,000. Now I know the medicine is better today, but even with that, we now have a population of 330,000,000, so one could expect at least o double the 625K number. Would that be acceptable…, I don’t think so, not for me anyway, or even, I suspect, for the people advocating for it, once the reality of it became clear.
Another other thing I don’t understand is:
I assume, from the tone of many threads, that there are a lot of conservative voices on here, and those seem to be the ones that are advocating to, go back to work, and disregard the deaths resulting from it; conversely, they are the same people that I would think, would be the most pro-life, and want to ban all abortions. So the only conclusion I can come to is, that an unborn life is important, but not if you’re an adult and not at work? I don’t get it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)