AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid 19
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 4/5/2020 20:01 (#8167936 - in reply to #8166880)
Subject: RE: Covid 19

C IL
To play the devil’s advocate here:

You are the target at-risk population. You were sick for 5 unpleasant days with flu-like symptoms and didn’t appear to be hospitalized.

The reason we are shutting down the country is to prevent the hospitals from being overrun. The powers-that-be have announced we are all getting it one way or another, which you think you did.

Why is it callous to observe that we aren’t yet overrun, you, in the bullseye hospitalization target demographic did not actually need hospitalized, and that there are long-teaching effects to everyone including those who are not hospitalized, to the shutdown?

I also don’t believe at this point there is evidence to suggest this is as deadly as the 1918 flu, but I admit I quit reading up about 10 days ago because there hadn’t been much new news for a week or more.

From what I gather locally: most factories are open. Most offices are open, if doors locked. Schools are closed, colleges, restaurants, churches, sporting events - all canceled or closed. Small retailers are taking it on the chin. So the pain is felt unequally because the concept of lockdown only seems to apply 25% of businesses and the other 75% can work from home or work from a cubicle or are deemed essential.

Edited by sand85 4/5/2020 20:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)