AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So what do you do when it's night and you're hurting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 3/22/2009 10:41 (#652387)
Subject: So what do you do when it's night and you're hurting?

We just recently went to a Blue Cross HSA program, so we pay all medical bills up to $6,000 100%, so you tend to think about things a little more, although we always did. Last July 4th our Middle son fell and cut his hand bad enough to need stitches. My wife is a nurse, and one of our friends is an EMT, so they called ahead to the emergency room and he was in and out really fast. End bill????? over $550 out of pocket for 3 stitches, in and out in 15 minutes. One of the Dr's said "You should have called me and I'd have done it for free, I was up there anyway." Now, this same Dr. popped a hernia back in on our youngest son for nothing, as well. If that had went to the Dr., no telling what it would have been.

O.K. Now I've gotten off track.

Well, Yesterday I jammed a hedge thorn in my hand right at the base of the middle finger on my right hand. By 9:00 last night I was getting sore up to my elbow. What do you do? Call a Dr? Well, since my wife is a RN, we could have easily enough, but, that isn't an option for a lot of folks. Go to the ER? $500 to probably be given a steroid shot and put on antibiotics just in case?

Well, what we did was I slugged a litte bit of the kids benadryl and took some extra strength Tylenol. Need to repeat the tylenol as the finger is still swollen up and stiff(it's kind of a bugger typing this) but the hands not too bad and my arm basically feels O.K.

What do you folks do?

Soldier on?

Eat the cost of the emergency room?

Do you have a lower cost clinic you can go to?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)