AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So what do you do when it's night and you're hurting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 3/22/2009 18:39 (#652795 - in reply to #652693)
Subject: Re: So what do you do when it's night and you're hurting?

Heh guys. Understand, for something critical it's not even a question, get right on it and go. The questions come When it's late Saturday night, and one of the kids looks like they might have strep or something. Now, in most of the larger cities and towns there are "mediquick" type clinics where you can go and don't have to worry about emergency room fees, many of which are staffed 24 hrs. Often you are seen by a Nurse Practitioner, which is fine. It's just that in the smaller towns we don't have that option. You really don't want to go to the ER for a throat swab, but you don't want to wait for Monday morning, either, so then you have to think a little bit. Like I said, I'm lucky my wife is a nurse. A month or so ago we had our middle boy throat swabbed by a tech at the hospital. Total bill for the culture was $27. If we'd went to the emergency room, no telling what that bill would have been. I think that this is one reason that Wal-mart started putting in the little quicky clinics at some of their stores. Things you don't need the ER for, but it's after normal office hours or an a weekend when something pops up. I think that the market has answers, I think everybody is just afraid that they'll get started and then get regulated out of existence.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)