AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Death On A Factory Farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 3/23/2009 10:09 (#653538 - in reply to #650174)
Subject: RE: Death On A Factory Farm

I agree with Guenther on this one, we are in trouble. People are getting more and more generations off the farm, and they just don't realize what goes on in the typical farming operation.

I am not happy with what I saw at that farm, timely euthansia should be a priority in any operation, there was no need to let those sows get that bad. And as for hanging the sows, get yourselves a captive bolt gun and put them down in the building. These actions give the whole industry a black eye (it doesnt help that HBO lumps all farms into the same category based off an edited documentary of one). I agree with the others who commented that we need to put out a video showing normal practices of farming. The problem will be to get it 'dumbed' down enough so that anyone who watches it can understand it, but also make it entertaining enough so they want to watch it.

There is a video floating around out there where a farmer is having a conversation with a California congressman. The farmer is expressing concern about new regulations that were just passed in California, and how they would seriously affect his operation. The Congressman's reply was "You just dont understand, we dont get our food from the farm anymore, it all comes from the grocery store."

Around here it seems we hear a rumor every summer of a vehicle with out of state plates going around to hog buildings and taking pictures. If someone sees them they just say they are looking for their lost dog. Makes me wonder what they are actually looking for.

As things change we must change with them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)