AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Death On A Factory Farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WildcatWillie
Posted 3/20/2009 11:14 (#650521 - in reply to #650174)
Subject: RE: Death On A Factory Farm

North Central Kansas
Guys, I sure do appreciate what all of you are saying about the Show. I haven't seen the show, but I watched a few of the clips. We in agriculture know this is misleading. We also know that not everyone in production agriculture treats animals poorly.

The point is, the average American doesn't know this. Right or wrong, there is a huge portion of the population who demands that their food be produced in a way that they deem "humane." A group called the Humane Society of the United States is making huge strides toward facing change in the way farmers and ranchers produce food and fiber. That the camera work was shoddy; that there were pigs "tossed" around (based on what I saw in Clip 2), that the cart was squeaking...all these lead to a very compelling arguement against confined animal feeding.

Let this "documentary" serve as a notice: We as farmers need to be aware of the public perception, and be ready to stand our ground and advocate on behalf of our industry. To most of us, that is incredibly uncomfortable. But our livelihood will depend on it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)