AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My roadside sod rant....my county road commission feels the need to harvest every spring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 3/13/2020 21:31 (#8102816 - in reply to #8100996)
Subject: RE: My roadside sod rant....my county road commission feels the need to harvest every spring

SE IA
Catgrader140m - 3/13/2020 07:56

HCMICH - 3/13/2020 08:22

Obviously many of you only read the topic of a thread and not the message in a thread.
Do you really believe this is a necessary process that needs to be done every year or more so after the road was re-stoned the summer before.
I wasn't bashing any crew member, they only do what they are told.
Was simply asking if this is a common practice everywhere. (Again on newly stoned roads or necessary to be done every spring)

If I get new rock I make damn sure I pull every bit of shoulder and throw it to middle and bury it. But for roads that don’t have new rock, yes every year it should be done. It would blow your mind how much rock gets kicked out to the side. Your road will come around, as long as it’s peaked up in center pretty good it will dry out fast once we get into some warmer weather. Water on road =chuck holes

Local road has a few issues and the grader decided to "reshape" the edge of road and appears he rolled the edge off into the ditch....not back onto the road. I assume he did it to preserve the edge of road and eventrually the ditch will have to be cleaned with excavator. Can you explain why or what process this happens for? Im sure there is a reason, but want to know why.

Last year had a lot of soft spots on the road, obviously broke through the base when frost was coming out. We got gravel, but about half of what i think we needed. Every rain those soft spots appear again and dont have a firm road. Whats best remedy for that situation?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)