AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Railroad spray killed my corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 3/11/2020 06:01 (#8095450 - in reply to #8095405)
Subject: RE: Railroad spray killed my corn

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
I heard of the case where the Burlington northern refused to repair a private crossing. Started having a lot of problems with signals in the area, rails being grounded together with wire and strange stuff like that at remote locations. The crossing got repaired and this problem disappeared. I heard of another instance where they parked a train across the private crossing and let trains roll by on the other track for two hours without ever breaking the train. Call the 800 number and the track master said he didn't have to break it for a private crossing and it could be a while.Custom combining crew was caught behind the crossing. Third or fourth Coal train rolled by and there was pause and a maintenance pickup came down the tracks he found some electric fence wire between the rails a mile or two from the blocked crossing. Another coal train rolled by and the signal pickup came rolling by again found something about a mile in the other direction. 15 minutes later they broke the train at the private crossing.
The railroads attitude has always amazed me.
if they thought about it at all they need to be friends with everybody out there. And I've always been amazed at things like this don't happen more often it's extremely easy to do and totally untraceable in remote locations.

Edited by nebfarmer 3/11/2020 06:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)