AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Railroad spray killed my corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jfqc
Posted 3/11/2020 06:53 (#8095526 - in reply to #8095225)
Subject: RE: Railroad spray killed my corn

se montana
BNSF runs through the middle of our place. Horrible neighbors to have in the area. Can’t relate to spraying issues, but the train started 9 fires a few years back as they were driving by with a bad bearing. Burned a neighbors haystack down, and he fought for months to get them to return a call, Finally got his insurance to cover the haystack, then they went after bn. Surprising part of the story, is after the county sheriff was finally able to get the train stopped, the train crew told him he was holding up progress. Meanwhile the fire crews were scrambling to put fires out everywhere.

Been a couple of train crashes resulting in down fence, and they refuse to put it back up, crossings, cattle guards, etc.

Rr is certainly essential service to keep the world turning, but it comes at a cost.

I had a friend that worked for bn for years, and he told me calling my congressman would get more done in bn management structure than anything else.

I know this doesn’t fix your problems, but you are not alone

My grandparents got paid when the rr came through, and they were glad to have the money. I guess that is the silver lining.

Edited by jfqc 3/11/2020 06:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)