AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DD-WRT router configured in Client mode? How to re-configure?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/12/2020 11:20 (#8098708 - in reply to #8096874)
Subject: RE: DD-WRT router configured in Client mode? How to re-configure?

Woops. I forgot to upload the picture in my last post. I have edited it but that picture must be a bit strange because the background is white on the following web link that I nabbed it from:

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205197610-airMAX-Configure-a...

I’m a bit confused by that link. Looks like I need to buy antenna’s but no radios? Just hook them up to POE routers? But you’re saying they should be Ubiquiti because of the passive issue.

Anyway, I want a LAN that covers a large area so I can have some surveillance equipment that is all monitored by one computer. I thought a setup like that would work good.

But the LAN needs internet access and the DD-WRT solution isn’t great. It’s almost like I would need something to keep pinging a server somewhere occasionally to keep the connection alive. Even then I don’t know how reliable it would be as an always on connection but I don’t have any other viable solutions at this time.

I could look at a Verizon cellular router or something but I would prefer to have a couple of iPads because they would have higher speeds (from what I read) and can be used for other things after they run out of hotspot data and they can be swapped out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)