AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DD-WRT router configured in Client mode? How to re-configure?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

golfnut
Posted 3/12/2020 07:21 (#8098014 - in reply to #8096874)
Subject: RE: DD-WRT router configured in Client mode? How to re-configure?

Central Nebraska

dpilot83 - 3/11/2020 19:33 Golfnut, now I’m seeing that you’re the Ubiquiti guru around here. Is there any Ubiquiti equipment that would do what I’m wanting and do it better? I need to buy some Ubiquiti stuff anyway. I guess this is getting into a different project but I’m thinking of a point to multipoint system so that several structures around the farmstead will be connected to the LAN for surveillance. When I look at this Ubiquiti diagram I am confused. They almost make it look like the multipoint antenna can be used with any router that has POE. Surely that’s not right?

I'm sure Ubiquiti makes products that would work in your scenario but without knowing exactly how you want to set your network up I'm can't really make any suggestions.  Are you simply using a phone hotspot as your internet?

As for POE, there are a lot of switches that will work but you have to read the specs.  There are several different POE standards and for a long time Ubiquiti only used passive POE.  They have migrated a lot of their stuff to the 802 standards but their radios all still use passive 24v which is hard to find.  If you're going to be building a network with both types of standards I'd stick with a Ubiquiti switch.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)