AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DD-WRT router configured in Client mode? How to re-configure?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/9/2020 15:40 (#8092058 - in reply to #8092044)
Subject: RE: DD-WRT router configured in Client mode? How to re-configure?

Thanks golfnut.

I made a mistake in my original post. I have the first router in “repeater bridge” mode to make it work this way. It is not able to do what I have described in any other mode including client mode.

I don’t know if that makes a difference to your suggestions or not. I will try to edit the post soon. Now that I have it working I am taking screenshots of every tab and every sub-tab of every tab in the dd-wrt configuration so if I do this again I don’t have to spend so much time figuring it out.

The default router IP is of course 192.168.1.1. I have changed that to 192.168.1.9.

I’m not sure I need to do that but I did it last time. It makes sense to me that I would have to because the other router that is set up normally has an IP address of 192.168.1.1 and I would think it would be bad for the repeater bridge and the normal one to be set as the same IP.

When I am using it I have an Ethernet cable going from the Ethernet port on my computer to the L1 port on the router that is configured normally.

When I am trying to re-configure it I unplug that Ethernet cable from the L1 of the normal router and I plug it in to the L1 of the repeater-bridge router and then type in 192.168.1.9. When that failed I restarted my computer and tried again. After that I gave up and reset the router-bridge configured router.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)