AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

aerial/satellite images
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 11/3/2006 23:44 (#57884 - in reply to #57715)
Subject: Re: aerial/satellite images More details about my interests

Brazilton KS
I see that I need to be more specific about what I'm interested in. We have a very poor soybean crop coming out of the field right now, and I have noticed that the color is vastly different between beans which have set pods and filled (light beige, almost white color) vs those which aborted all of their blooms (fairly dark brown or grey). If I can capture this difference, I believe I may have something even better then the somewhat suspect yield maps we are creating while cutting. I say somewhat suspect because the yield monitors we use have proven themselves poorly suited to accurately measuring very low flow rates. I'm not going into it more then that because my intention here is not to debate the qualities of various yield monitors or recieve advice on use of same, which usually seems to mostly come from people who do not understand the conditions and often have considerably less experience with them then I do. Been there done that, got the t-shirt.

So, those of you who are faimilar with the images you list....are they taken frequently enough to help me and do you think I will be able to see the contrast I am looking for?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)