AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you only watch one video of mine in your life.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Dave Cen.Ia
Posted 2/11/2020 22:08 (#8036055 - in reply to #8035034)
Subject: RE: If you only watch one video of mine in your life.........

Nevada, Iowa
I watched it all and found it very interesting. My level of concentration isn't always the best and I probably need to view it again to get the most out of it. It was a focal point for me when the Dr. had the chart up about the obesity graph and the 1980 sharp change in statistics. I think it was around the mid 80's where my Dad was diagnosed with high cholesterol and the Doc scared the H out of Mom and she put him on a pretty severe diet change. Dad was never overly large but he did lose weight on the diet and his cholesterol did drop some but not enough. He did eventually need bypass surgery in 2001 and we lost him in 2015 to non heart related complications. I wonder now if some of the things he missed the most like bacon and eggs, he maybe could have still eaten and enjoyed. When he was first diagnosed, eggs were considered poison, now they're acceptable again. On the Keto program, bacon can be a star and Dad didn't eat any for years after his cholesterol issue. I find the whole thing rather perplexing and somewhat irritating too.

Most of what Dr. Brunker said made great sense to me and I follow your posts with great interest, John. I think it was around 15 years ago my wife and I lost quite a little weight on the South Beach Diet. We felt a lot better but the elaborate meal prep time and the huge demand for really fresh vegetables eventually put us back on a bad track. Keto appears to be a little less restrictive in that department and we have been experimenting with some meals and have enjoyed them. Now that eggs are considered healthy again, I am enjoying them more than usual. And even though it may be rather unpopular to say in some circles, I don't think I could ever be a vegetarian, I like my meat.

Finally, sardines used to be kind of a special occasion treat when I was a kid. Dad always enjoyed them but it seems like we only had them around the Christmas holiday, maybe it was part of his Scandinavian heritage because I don't think it was ever an expensive item at the store. I always liked them too but have just never thought to buy any for years. I got a couple of tins at the grocery last week and was reunited with them thanks to your posts. They're still good and I have added more to the shopping list for this weeks grocery run. I think they'd be a good add on the the lunch box when field work resumes in the spring.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)