AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HbA1c blood test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/21/2020 15:54 (#7990469 - in reply to #7989675)
Subject: meals - last nights keto meal

Pittsburg, Kansas
I thought everybody would be bored to tears with the meal pictures. Why I did not do one last night.

But here it is!!!!!!!!!!! Since you acted interested.

Meat loaf. How exciting is that????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with exagerated sarcasm)

But it WAS really good meat loaf. Half ground beef, half ground pork, wrapped in.........wait for it...........BACON!!!!!!

Wife added a small amount of coconut flour. When I was a kid my mom would add either crushed crackers or breat crumbs. I always assumed that was to make the meat loaf less dense (I don't like it as well when hamburgers or meatloaf are hard as a brick, which can happen if the meat is too lean). Or it could have been there were 8 of us eating and she just did it to extend the meat. :-). The small amount of coconut flour worked well. The meatloaf was flaky and tender. Almost too flaky as it was a bit hard to eat it with a fork as it tended to fall apart as I stuck into a piece. But it was very good. The only thing I can think of that would have made it better is.......... diced up.........wait for it.........BACON!!!!!!!

We lacked about 1 1/2 slice of cleaning it up.

Carmelized onions, roasted fresh garlic, roasted mushrooms for small sides. Mostly meat.

Chaffles (almost every night) with a little twist. She added about a heaping teaspoon of coconut flour to the two eggs and cup of shredded cheese. Changed the consistancy considerably. I don't know that I like the taste any better than just the straight chaffles, but the coconut flour dried up the oil from the cheese considerably. That makes me think it would be a good addition if a person was using the chaffles for bread for a sandwich or hamburger bun. It was a little more "rigid", a little dryer tasting, and less oily to the touch. So I think chaffles with the coconut flour added would make good sandwich bread. Use a griddle instead of a waffle maker and it would act even more like a traditional thin bun. Just an FYI for those who like chaffles.

Dash griddle https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSVSU1O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_ti...

Usual appetizers and desert.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/21/2020 16:22

(20200120_184205.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20200120_184205.jpg (125KB - 222 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)