AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HbA1c blood test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/19/2020 08:57 (#7985124)
Subject: HbA1c blood test

Pittsburg, Kansas
If you are a male and have a HbA1c test above 5.0, you need to watch this.
If you have an HbA1c above 5.6 for anyone, you really really need to watch this.
If it is higher than 6.5 you really, really, really need to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9PHHMvTe1Q

Since a change in diet, my HbA1c went from 7.0 to 5.7 at my annual physical and blood test (just barely pre-daibetic by current guidlines). I hope it will be even lower come May or so when I have it tested again. That drop in A1c was with about 6 months of diet change. Don't have my blood test handy and can't remember for sure but as I recall my insulin assay was up around 20. On the high side and close to diabetic, so I still have some work to do to get that lower. In the video he said basically to be healthy that needs to be in single digits. My fasting blood sugar is still running around 120-130 which is also higher than I like to see (but considered within acceptable range for diabetic control), indicating I still have some liver healing to do. I don't have any previous insulin tests to compare. Bloood pressure has dropped too, even with getting off two blood pressure medicines. Lower triglicerides and higher HDL (both good).

The above video also has some information about cholesterol and its relationship with glycation.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/19/2020 08:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)