AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combining speed in beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 11/1/2006 23:35 (#57288 - in reply to #57187)
Subject: Re: Combining speed in beans

Brazilton KS
I'm certainly not knowledgible about rotaries, but....... a) 140 acres per machine is a longer day with 9600's then the hours you are talking. b) we do not have anywhere near those bean yields. c) Neighbors who were (at that time) very committed and experienced Axial Flow drivers stopped one day during a muddy, drizzly bean harvest where the beans were about 18%. They were watching us, then rode with us for a few rounds in the 96's. Commented that they could not run like we were in those conditions in the 23 and 2188's. d) Feeding makes a tremendous difference. It is normal for our 30' head with air reel to be running higher ground speed then the 25' without, all on identical machines. We had a similar situation between a new 925 and a several years old 922, and before that the new 922 and an ancient, rebuilt from the ground up 220 on 7720's...the new head fed so much better it allowed you to run faster in spite of being wider. In fact, the year we retired the 7720 I took it to the last field after breaking a feederhouse shaft in the 9600....picked up the new 930 and commenced to cutting at virtually the same speed I had ran the old used up 220 on the same machine many years before.

Edited by plowboy 11/1/2006 23:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)