AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This just FLAT OUT made my jaw drop.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

McCartman
Posted 3/5/2009 21:52 (#633195 - in reply to #632935)
Subject: Re: Another jawdropper

Your story doesn't surprise me a bit.

I know a young fella who used to work as a janitor of sorts at a Wal-Mart. He had only worked there a few days when he went to throw some garbage into the compactor and saw a brand new push mower in the compactor. He called a manager back there to report this and the manager said that it was "probably returned for some reason". When the kid questioned why they would throw it away, the manager told him that most of them are returned because they won't start or run right and they didn't have anyone to fix them. Besides, even if they did, it would cost too much to pay someone to work on them, so they just get "comped out" and thrown away. The kid asked if he could have it - or at least the motor. No way!! He was warned right there that anyone caught taking anything out of Wal-Mart trash would be fired on the spot!!

The same kid happened to talk with the trucker who came every week to take the trash to the landfill. He told the kid that when a Wal-Mart dumpster arrives at the landfill, everyone is pulled off the landfill except the truck driver and the guy running the bulldozer. The trash is dumped and buried immediately. Wally World doesn't even want landfill workers rummaging through their trash getting freebies!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)