AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NEIndiana, I'm flattered but the credit goes to someone else....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

two-twenty
Posted 5/29/2019 13:47 (#7529141 - in reply to #7528623)
Subject: RE: NEIndiana, I'm flattered but the credit goes to someone else....

NEIA
I'm glad some of the dads and older farmers have that attitude. The future Generations is the future of our farming community. Farm transition can't be easy for many reasons but can and should be done. I went farming on my own away from my dad 29 years ago. I think we've done fairly well for ourselves with zero help from him. I have a father that will not talk to us and is so jealous of us he can hardly help himself. My grandfather started farming broke from the depression era and helped his kids out somewhat well. I seen another family that gave the farm to the kid and can't make it work. I have another relation that took over the family farm and made a legacy of it. My point is getting the Next Generation into the farm is great but it has to be done carefully. It takes two parties to make the Next Generation successful. Generation 1 leaving the farm by giving generation 2 the opportunity. But generation 2 willing to work hard, take risks, pay down debt, and grow with the times to be successful. There's a ton of ways of doing that and I commend those that are doing it. I have two girls long from being married and not interested in the farm, but maybe a son-in-law someday that I can transition a farm to them. Honestly a dream of mine. That is if I approve of any of the boys that come around! LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)