AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NEIndiana, I'm flattered but the credit goes to someone else....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rpc
Posted 5/29/2019 05:53 (#7528064 - in reply to #7527989)
Subject: RE: NEIndiana, I'm flattered but the credit goes to someone else....

Hi Russ, I can't take credit for that either, heard if from a dxxx lawyer ! We drove halfway across the state to see a guy about estate planning and he told us that. Pretty sure I cussed him out the whole way back home, but the more I looked around at the neighbors and the successful operations, the more it made sense. Even if we make sure the next generation can succeed, we dropped the ball when it comes to how we are paid for what we produce. I just can't get out of this negative mood about the state of agriculture in this country, doesn't matter if you produce corn , milk , or pork, the powers that be know that farmers are going to over produce. Maybe it's just the problems of progress, inevitable it was going to happen. But in the back of my mind I think we were led down a path, just look at the effort from universities to max out production, very little about marketing or how to get paid. I do know if I hear " We need to feed the world" one more time , I'm gonna come unglued. WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN, them we'll worry about the world. Must have got 5 inches of rain in about 2-3 hours last night, calling for more the next 2 afternoons. It's bad but still not as bad as what the guys in the Midwest are dealing with. Ron
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)