AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

““The American Farm"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

robmgrig
Posted 5/25/2019 00:17 (#7519381 - in reply to #7519291)
Subject: RE: ““The American Farm"

West TN
clevepreach - 5/24/2019 22:56

The Tennessee folks seemed the most realistic but again, I thought they hammed up the drama.

I'm sure that a lot of the "odd" things that happened were done for the benefit of the cameras, but overall I enjoyed the show.

I can’t speak for the other farms but nothing was staged on our farm. It all actually happened. Drama was amped up some with creative editing that I addressed in a response above. The big thing to remember is that the editors took small clips of what we were saying. Like in episode 1 or 2 where I’m describing how corn grows, I gave them a 5 minute response. And they aired about 5 seconds of it where I’m describing a worst case scenario. I didn’t play anything up for the cameras and that frustrated the producers at times. I answered all their questions truthfully to the best of my knowledge. I decided at the beginning I was going to be true to myself. I wasn’t going to risk tarnishing my reputation or the reputation of the 4 generations of family name before me for a TV show.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)