AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

““The American Farm"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 5/24/2019 20:58 (#7519010)
Subject: ““The American Farm"

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana
The TV show that just concluded on the History Channel.

I just finished watching the final episode tonight and was wondering what others thought of it.

Myself, I enjoyed it.

The different farms all seemed to go down a different path. The Griggs farm in Tennesse was the one I could relate to the most, other than the cotton their operation was the closest to what I do. I can't remember what his screen name was, but I know Matt(?) was on here a while back talking about the show. I wonder if he might have any more comments after watching the whole thing.

The folks in Utah I found interesting, but I felt the show should have stuck with the turkeys a little more.....unless I missed it, I don't know if they got a contract for another year. I also was waiting for a large lawsuit when the ram drilled someone at the petting zoo (-:. I think had it been me, he would have had to leave before the mini farm opened, he looked like a big liability.

The dairy farm in New Hampshire that started the bottling plant ..... I'd love to sit down and have a few beers with those boys! They had me laughing out loud several times.

The Alaskan farm I probably found the most interesting for the simple fact I have never seen anything like that....also the scenery was unreal. That restaurant that the girl flew the food up too in the last episode was unreal ...... I told the wife I'd be afraid to eat there for fear the building would fall off the mountain (glacier?) I also would like to see the menu prices for a place like that.

The Boyd farm ....... I don't know where to begin. From the start where the kid was shooting ether in the tractor exhaust, then about ran over himself jump stating it ....... to dad dancing on the scale when he completed a bean harvest, that if it made 25 bpa, I would be surprised. It also would be a cold day in hell before I let someone take a picture in the grain tank if I couldn't set a combine to clean up the bean sample more than that. And then ................ go buy a neighboring 900 acres! There were just too many things wrong with this segment, I found it unbelievable.

Does anyone know if there is going to be another one next year or not.... and if there is, will it be the same farmers?

Edited by Mark (EC,IN) 5/24/2019 21:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)