AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

““The American Farm"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 5/24/2019 22:56 (#7519291 - in reply to #7519010)
Subject: RE: ““The American Farm"

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

I watched just about all of it. If you have satellite or cable DVR you can get the episodes you missed "on demand." Like some other posters I though it was overly dramatized. In one episode the Virginia farmer was having his son combine some mighty poor beans with an old JD 3300. The beans were poorer than the combine.

I thought the Alaska guy was probably taking undue advantage of his daughters, except for the unmarried one. He had some good ideas but it seemed to me like he was allergic to manual labor. I thought he spent too much time telling the girls to get to work and not enough time working himself, but they may have just been what showed on camera.

The dairy guy's sons seemed to me to spend too much time goofing off, but again I guess most of that was for the cameras.

The Utah folks weren't too bad but the old guy needed to learn to control his temper. And I also wondered how the turkeys turned out. The "looker" did an admirable job with the mini farm but that goat would have been the main course at the next barbecue.

The Tennessee folks seemed the most realistic but again, I thought they hammed up the drama.

I'm sure that a lot of the "odd" things that happened were done for the benefit of the cameras, but overall I enjoyed the show.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)