AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

““The American Farm"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

robmgrig
Posted 5/24/2019 23:52 (#7519360 - in reply to #7519172)
Subject: RE: ““The American Farm"

West TN
StxPecans - 5/24/2019 21:46

I watched the episode where his tractor burned down from lighting strike. Earlier in the episode his wife was in tears becuase they had no money then the fire. I told my wife yup he will be driving a beat down tractor and collecting insurance money to pay bills. Next thing you know on the show his new T7.270 is delivered to him loaded up with all the goodies. Thought he was broke? Makes you wonder how well TV pays. Seem like good people though.

It’s called taking a loan out. Insurance paid $82K on the tractor. Bought the replacement for $109K. Difference of $27K. No I didn’t have $27K lying around. No we’re not “broke” but even if we did have cash, I’m not gonna advertise it. Otherwise landlords think they outta get a bigger piece of the pie. I’m driving a 14 year old truck just because of that. Lol.

And no TV doesn’t pay well. At least not the first season. We got paid enough to make it worth our while to do all the extra work associated with it but it was pretty insignificant compared to income from crops. But I did buy their $9K brand new CanAm Defender that they brought out at the beginning of the season off of them for $4K! Got lucky on that one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)