AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

happier on owned ground or rented ground?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Cherokee 180
Posted 3/14/2019 17:09 (#7380568 - in reply to #7380471)
Subject: RE: happier on owned ground or rented ground?

I started farming on 100% rented ground back when there was good relations between landlord and tenant ,All my landlords were retired farmers , who knew the ups and downs of farming , a real pleasure , one always called me son , my wife always said that guy cant remember your name. When my son took over he got all landlords older than me . When they started dieing off he was faced with either buy it or lose it . What goes around comes around and the only daughter of one land lady had instructed her get it appraised and give my boy first chance .A couple BTOs said they sure would have liked the chance to buy . He could not compete on other land where the kids wanted all they could get . .One thing about it the good machinery he got with the income from that extra land makes it easier to farm what he still has left to farm and have more time for his family. Don't get me wrong it was a great ride .But now the landlords have a farm manager who seems to feel its his job to separate you from the landlord.. One of these leaches tried to get one of my landlords widow to let him manage her farm big mistake her husband always called me son.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)