AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fedora 9 or 10?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Lenders
Posted 2/8/2009 22:44 (#601748 - in reply to #601569)
Subject: Re: Fedora 9 or 10?

Dodge Co, Wi
haha, ya, the last time I built a system, my current one, was between 1st and 2nd yr, shoot, that's eight years, come May. I kinda got excited looking at TigerDirect and NewEgg, not too hard to spend what I spent then and come out with a wicked spiffy system. As such it's not hard for me to think a new x58 mobo and a nehalem chip with 12GB ddr3 and 4870x2 2gig dual gpu ati card and a couple TB's of HDD space would be slick and I could overclock the heck out of everything, but really, what on earth are my weekly tv shows, the odd movie, and some tunes going to use of all that? I already don't use my 15Mb bandwidth to its full potential.
Anyhow, daydreaming aside, I think I'm going to look at getting either an asus, gigabyte or msi board, with an Athlon x64 chip, stick it in this box, and add a newer xx70 ati gpu, and max the ram out, probably update psu, and definitely update to an lcd, this 19" crt is just too huge anymore, oh and more than likely add an LG BD read/writer, plus a WD velociraptor or two.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)