AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fedora 9 or 10?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Lenders
Posted 2/7/2009 00:22 (#599631)
Subject: Fedora 9 or 10?

Dodge Co, Wi
Anyone use either, is 10 still 'bleeding edge' with 11 coming out in spring? I know they typically only support a ver for only 12 months ish...
Currently I've got an AMD tbird 1200 with 1.75GB ddr and a 40GB HDD radeon 7200 and an onboard sound plus a digital SBlive i/o card deallie. I'm looking at upgrading at minimum the HDD as it is 7yrs old (so is the cpu/mobo). What would be a decent upgrade, keeping my current atx box so as to run fc10 or 9, i've used 9 (sulphur) on a liveusb and like it? I'm thinking x64, so the mobo must support 64bit OS. Phenom, Athlon with new mobo or stick with TBird/mobo(i know i can only go 32bit with current mobo/cpu setup)?
I look for my box to handle multimedia and openoffice and pidgeon, don't game much at all, halflifeCS once in awhile.
Currently I have SVideo and digital/optical sound hooked up from comp to receiver to get comp stuff on the tv, but i am getting sick of 800x600ish res for such, it'd be nice to make full use of my 1080p tv, as such i'd be looking at an ati powered vcard 3850/70 ish, or perhaps if i can find a deal on a 4850/70.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Lenders 2/7/2009 00:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)