AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buffer zones ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MNfarmer85
Posted 2/17/2019 17:58 (#7327098 - in reply to #7326637)
Subject: RE: Buffer zones ???

South Central MN
It could have been worse with the 50 ft. everywhere but still not a good solution. Wonder how many acres of farmland MN has lost the past couple years because of this?

I have ditches that border several fields, lost a little here and there but unlike a lot around here we already had a buffer in place on some, or else the adjoining piece was in pasture or hay. Two of the neighbors north of one piece had put in a 100 ft. or better strip on each side of the ditch years ago, believe it is CRP. They love to pheasant hunt so guess they get some use from it. CRP would be paying out too. If I know the person well enough I would let someone hunt on the land, especially deer. Too many of those antler rats running around here. Always see pheasants running around too, a few are ok but don't want them to overpopulate either.

Do I like having the buffers? Not really, but life goes on. Bright side is when working for the canning company don't have to worry as much about tipping a picker into a ditch because someone planted right up to the edge. One certain big BTO in this area did that a lot, I think in places they ended up with a row or two on the planter dangling in the air dropping seeds.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)