AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Peterbilt clutch linkage?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

towman2000
Posted 2/17/2019 07:31 (#7325877 - in reply to #7325336)
Subject: RE: Peterbilt clutch linkage?

SouthCentral WI
I wasn't going to answer this. Didn't want to get in the middle of your pissing match w Mountain..... but.. The shorter throw will make for a harder to push peddle. You know, that thing called leverage. It will also cause the new hole to wear faster than the old hole because it has more pressure on it when used. It will also cause more wear on the entire clutch linkage system.

However, as long as your setting are okay and you are happy with the force needed to disengage the trans, it will work. If you plan on keeping this truck a long time, I would see about replacing the lever with a cast one. It doesn't have to be this week, but I would try a couple of gear shops. If you find one, the hole in it probably will still have to be welded up, but it will last longer and steel is easier to work with.

By the way guys, You know it doesn't hurt to lube the clutch and brake pins when you service your vehicle. You could also make my life easier and the rear trans bearing will last longer if you grease the spline driveshaft too.

Towman

Edited by towman2000 2/17/2019 07:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)