AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (180) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Form for landlord to give SSN for 1099
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format
Posted 2/12/2019 18:46 (#7316690 - in reply to #7316582)
Subject: RE: Form for landlord to give SSN for 1099

NE Nebraska

Providing a completed W-9 upon request is required. That's why it's best to ask for the form or TIN before/when signing the lease or before making a payment --that gives the person time to withdraw from the transaction if they don't want to provide it.
I think KevinM is correct that if they don't provide the completed W-9 upon request or their TIN then you do withholdings. This form states the rate at 24%.  In all the years we've farmed we've never had anyone refuse to provide it tho.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)