AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (19) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Form for landlord to give SSN for 1099
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format
Posted 2/14/2019 18:55 (#7321103 - in reply to #7316926)
Subject: RE: Form for landlord to give SSN for 1099


farm160 - 2/12/2019 20:01

Perhaps I don't understand correctly Birddy. So I'll sincerely ask your interpretation of what the IRS says a person is to do.    
What I've found according to the W-9 form....(pg 2)   
"Persons making certain payments to you must under certain conditions withhold and pay to the IRS 24% of such payments...….."
"Payments you receive will be subject to backup withholding if: 1. You do not furnish your TIN to the requester, 2. You do not certify your TIN ……...etc."  

So if a farmer (payer) gives a W-9 to someone they have paid land rent or paid as a contractor, and the pay recipient refuses to provide the completed form, what do you suggest is the next step according to the IRS?

As I mentioned I've never been in the situation of having to do withholding so I'm simply trying to learn.  

You need to consult your CPA, I would expect you have someone prepare your

taxes.  They will help you with the process.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)