AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop wall insulation: spray foam vs fiberglass
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 2/11/2019 10:18 (#7313193 - in reply to #7312677)
Subject: RE: Shop wall insulation: spray foam vs fiberglass

Manitoba, Canada
Yes. I should have mentioned I’m putting wrap under the exterior metal also. There is a very large local pole building company that the salesman made a fuss about me wanting it. Said they build hundreds of buildings without it. I told him i want it and it is necessary to keep the drafts out of the fibergalss insulation. He said the metal does that job. I insisted on it. He said ok but it would be very expensive if it caused the construction crew trouble. I went with a different company that listened and understood my concerns. The other company I was talking about seemed to be more concerned about getting the building built as fast as possible instead of doing it right. Doing hundreds of buildings that way doesn’t make it right.

The reason that I wanted housewrap is because it stops the wind. Because I’m putting the styrofoam on the inside the fibreglass would be directly under the outside metal and exposed to any air leaks at the joints, corners, and edges of the metal. Fiberglass loses a lot of R value if exposed to air currents. The wrap stops these drafts and it is not very expensive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)