AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Investing in stocks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kst1
Posted 2/5/2019 13:01 (#7298665 - in reply to #7298458)
Subject: RE: Investing in stocks

Don't do anything without reading and thinking and reading some more and thinking some more first. My first stock trade lost me $2500 because I didn't think it through very well. I thought I was buying value but I was buying a company that went bankrupt.

If it was me, and it's not, so ignore what I say if you don't like it..... I would open a cheap trading account and not go through a broker. Do it online, and find someone else who does it to give you some tips and get you going on it (my email is good if you want more details). Find a growth based sector of the economy to invest in. Find some strong companies in those sectors and start buying. Also, there are stocks available that are qualified as "mutual funds" that are basically investing in other companies. They usually pay good dividends. I own BlackRock Capital (BKCC) and Oxford Lane Capital(OXLC). OXLC has very stable value and pays consistent dividends. BKCC pays solid dividends but they have been a little more volatile in stock value and have lost some face value of the stock (that said, some might say they are "on sale"). I also have a REIT in my portfolio called CARETRUST REIT (CTRE). They are a real estate company that owns nursing homes. REITs have some laws regarding them that they have to pay a certain percentage of profits as patronage. That's pretty advantageous.

Good luck!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)