AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone have a contract template for tiling a landlords quarter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 1/22/2019 13:55 (#7264105 - in reply to #7262775)
Subject: RE: Does anyone have a contract template for tiling a landlords quarter

From a landlord's perspective I say do what you can to get it tiled if it is wet. I must admit that I am a bit biased since I also install tile, but my siblings, mom, and I worked out a deal with a tenant this last fall where he paid for a big 15" main in exchange for a set rate 10 year lease. That may sound like a long time, but we just signed up part of that field for a 10 year CRP contract, so signing up a 10 year contract on the other part of that field was not much different and after 10 years, the tile will have improved the farm way more than the CRP did.
I didn't even install the tile on this project and still pushed for it. It had to cross a neighbor's property to get to an outlet and the neighbor had been hesitant to let us cross. He is a really great guy, but had been concerned about the added water going into the ditch that would affect some of his other downstream land. After seeing how this project would improve both our farms, he finally agreed and since he was willing to go forward, I told our tenant to use the neighbor's tiler so that he would be even more comfortable with the project. Like I said- do all you can to get it tiled if it is wet. Our field now has a new dual wall 15 as well as the old 10" flowing out of it and our renter has a long term lease. The neighbor will also see improvements in his field because of this project as well. The other tiler is also a childhood friend of mine, and I was glad to see him get the tile installed. We all won and we are all happy. I like when things turn out like this.

Edited by JDpastor 1/22/2019 13:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)