AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone have a contract template for tiling a landlords quarter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 1/22/2019 12:32 (#7263928 - in reply to #7263853)
Subject: RE: Does anyone have a contract template for tiling a landlords quarter

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
This year on the same farm it was 30 bushel corn difference. About $100 an acre. It’s not always that high (20+ is what I expect).

On 80’ centers, and without a substantial investment in mains, I can tile myself for about $300 an acre. Now if the farm is a swamp and needs more then that it obviously will cost more. But for rental farms you know you’ll never own 80’ spacing here I feel provides good ROI. Sometimes 40’ is needed in a few spots if your 80’s are parked in the wrong spot for a low area.

I’ve not had a situation yet where the landlord has sold the farm after I put significant money into it. So far my land lords have been more loyal to me after seeing my investment even when offered more rent.

On my balance sheet I have no gain as far as my net worth. But I am raising more corn/beans. One could argue that fertilizing a farm is a similar thing... how much do you put on knowing you’ll never own it? When fertilizer is “cheap” are you more inclined to build up a farm? Or do you have a point where you skimp a year or two when you think you might be losing it?

Edited by GrainTrader 1/22/2019 12:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)