AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trump's speech today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

DBindiana
Posted 1/15/2019 12:21 (#7246669 - in reply to #7246288)
Subject: RE: Who here needs Trump so they can farm???

West Central Indiana
Illinois Steve - 1/15/2019 09:52

Had President Obama enacted a policy that imperiled the market for a third of our soybeans I'm guessing your reaction would be a little different. It wouldn't have been shrugged off as "Oh well, just the cost of doing business". Let's get real you and others, myself included would have screaming bloody murder. You do touch on something many refuse to acknowledge and that is the timing of Trumps trade war. It coincided perfectly with a huge crop on top of an already big carryout. Beans were headed for a fall to some extent regardless of the trade war. That cannot be denied.
See I disagree on that. If Obama had done this trying to get a more level playing field ( which should have been done long before even he was pres ) and help us increase our exports I would have supported him in that. I'm a conservative first and everything else is second. I'm just happy we have a president that is trying to fight for us for once. Most that are whining and crying bloody murder on here have nobody other than themselves for being a poor marketer and being where the are now. I know the PNW had trouble and not as many opportunities but I made better money in beans this year than in the last 10. Great yields and contracted early and then the extra payment this fall left me over $11 on about all my beans except some overage bushels. The guys that are bashing Trump all the time are blinded by the fact WE HAD A MASSIVE CROP AND HUGE CARRYOVER ! They overlook this so they can blame somebody else and not themselves for not getting more sold. The tariffs have effected the prices some but In my opinion with the amount of beans we have on hand even now I can't believe we are in the 9's on the board. Sorry for my rant I'm just tired of these guys whining because of their inaction.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)