AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trump's speech today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 1/14/2019 21:59 (#7245768 - in reply to #7245682)
Subject: RE: If ....

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
1586 - 1/14/2019 19:21

Big Ben - 1/14/2019 20:16

Dream on.

That’s like saying if minimum wage goes up, all the McDonalds’ will close and mom’n’pop burger joints will rise again. Get real.

No mega dairies are over producing and still building new. They would not be doing what they are doing without outright illegal labor. Economy of scale can only account for a portion of the cost of production. Small dairies with family labor and nearly no payroll can’t stay in how are new ones being built? How many illegals do you employ? What is your address?

I don’t employ any illegals. We have two full-time hired men of Mexican heritage. You should learn the difference.

Family staffed dairies may not have a regular payroll expense, but they have labor expense just like everyone else. Without economies of scale, they probably have higher labor expense than large dairies operating with legal labor. That’s why large dairies keep getting built and small ones close. It’s pretty simple.

This may blow your mind, but not much will change if there are no illegals working on dairies, because they already employ legal individuals. Hiring illegals is (drumroll please) already illegal. Hiring Mexicans is not illegal. You should learn the difference.

Email me and I’ll send you my address. You can come out anytime and I’ll show you around. Maybe you’ll learn something.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)