AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new feed rations, feed cost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 1/13/2019 14:45 (#7242537 - in reply to #7241799)
Subject: RE: new feed rations, feed cost

western iowa,by Denison
great pictures lkm-we have sourced 20 semi loads of cobs-we have been using them for bedding on the bottom of the manure pack barns-cheaper then stalks so its been working.
Every bushel you take to town-regardless if you sell as grain or buy it- wet-35% moisture it will feed # to# of dry corn- 14,600#-vs 11,200 dry (3400)lbs or around 60 bushel acre-corn at $3 a bushel ($180 acre) that you give up by not using in your feedlot,the earlage factor really trumps it with another 2 ton of feed -which you could easily value it at price of cobs plus+

for easy figures I always value wet corn at $100 ac. advantage, Earlage at $200 ac. advantage and corn silage at $300 ac. advantage.
You would have some harvest cost above dry combining but it offsets that by a lot
I always figure that co products need to be 30percent cheaper per ton dry matter then dry corn per ton-usually try to convert at 15% dry matter corn to 15% co-by- products
Its amazing how the numbers change-maybe think about what is loss by retail corn to (retail beef "#'s sold-)

Farmer feeder combination vs Grain farmer vs stand alone feedlot.

Corn here today is $3.50 ($125 ton)dry15% moisture I gave up pricing corn by the bushel and always figure by the ton
a 200bu corn crop is 5.6 ton-a wet corn example is 7.2 ton
If we could just harvest the MOO!
Looks very nice on how you are building and adding on-Thanks for the updates and pictures!

Edited by garvo 1/13/2019 15:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)