AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How long till all cattle...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Abomb
Posted 1/13/2019 07:07 (#7241507 - in reply to #7241433)
Subject: RE: Never???

Western Knox county Nebraska is prime example. Huge difference between the east half of the county where 150-200 bushel dryland is not out of line, and the west half where I don’t know if the dryland would yield anything on a less than wet year. A democrat lawyer from Omaha bought up all the ground he could at crappy pasture prices, turned it to corn, and takes bids on rent every year. Probably 20,000 acres worth. About every year it has a new tenant, usually someone from a ways southeast lulled in by the big acres and “cheap” rent. Maybe what’s irrigated isn’t terrible, but I drove by some of the dryland and it looked like the worst weeds were cedar trees and yuca plants. One of my old friends that lived near it said it wasn’t even good as a pasture. Crop insurance didn’t do that ground any favors. If it wasn’t for it, maybe the young guys in that area would stand a chance at renting pasture to run cows on, now the only good that ground serves is for screwing the crop insurance system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)