AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fall NH3 vs Fall UREA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Massey1155
Posted 1/10/2019 18:52 (#7235685 - in reply to #7235462)
Subject: RE: Fall NH3 vs Fall UREA

NW Iowa
Urea would have to get cheap for me to switch. Do you have any COC data? How well does the Urea flow when below freezing with N serve on it? You would have to do it on my farm, half a field your way and half a field my way, with same corn hybrid.
I have used N serv before with no difference, don't use it. My soil holds it. So that's an added cost, which I don't think you figured in.
You get under 50 degrees here the microbial activity slows enough it doesn't matter. After Nov 1 days get short enough hard to warm up the soil.
Right now I don't have to buy a cart, fert tender, build storage, and rebuild my bar. If I had to wait on a tender from a fert company we know how that would go.
Looks like I'd need a bigger tractor also to pull the rig.
So far on my bar I've broke 2 knife bolts, and 2 knives. Both times pulling up 2x3 concrete and boulders. My knives are pressed between 2 straps with a 1300lb trip spring.
I can set tanks in fields and put a lot on fast. I can do 250 acres on a good day running 7" deep.
I have 19 yrs of data on my end, I'll need more than one on yours to convince me as of right now......
Also as of right now NH3 is the only recommended fall applied N by all the universities. Get me a couple independent trials over a couple yrs and you might sway me.

Edited by Massey1155 1/10/2019 18:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)