AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fall NH3 vs Fall UREA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lance81
Posted 1/10/2019 15:46 (#7235207 - in reply to #7235140)
Subject: RE: Fall NH3 vs Fall UREA

Churdan, IA
Wow, not used to this kind of conversation. Yes we build strip-till carts, bars, and strip-till units. We also have a fertilizer business and farm. Not realy a secret. We have been out there a while and the website is listed on all of my AgTalk info. We are not a large operation, but we are trying a lot of different things. I don't pretend to have all of the answers, but everything in our tests is 100% accurate. The numbers don't lie. The test referred to was on a 3rd party farmer's farm who was deciding between urea and nh3. If you are truly interested in facts give me a call and I will forward his information to you to verify the facts. We see averages between 235-300bpa on our own farms, but we are 100% fall urea, so not a great side-by-side test. I agree 100% that if you broadcast urea in the fall or spring, fall nh3 will out yield it every time. If you have never injected it in a band then your opinion is entirely irrelevant. what many people do not understand is that urea converts to nh3 in the soil prior to converting to nitrate. So arguing against it banded in the soil like it is some other form of nitrogen is an ignorant argument. The flash-kill is the only difference between nh3 and urea. As I have stated in the fall there are benefits to the flash-kill when not using n-serve. But if n-serve is used there is no comparison between nh3 and urea. Try it or listen to someone who has before arriving at conclusion. Remember that the earth used to be flat. lol...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)